Who Can Register to Vote in Virginia?
You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident of Virginia
- Be at least 17 years old (currently) and will be 18 years old by the next general election
- Have had your voting rights restored if you have ever been convicted of a felony
- Have had your capacity restored if you have been declared mentally incapacitated in a Circuit Court
How Do I Register to Vote?
- You must fill out and submit a voter registration application online, in person or by mail by completing a voter registration application.
- Be sure to complete and sign the form before mailing. Make sure you include a copy of your ID (e.g., your Virginia Driver's License, utility bill or bank statement).
- If mailed, Voter Registration Applications must be postmarked no later than the deadline specified for each election.
- If delivered in person, either by the applicant or a third party, the Voter Registration Application must be received by the deadline.
- Voter Registration Applications postmarked or received after the deadline will be held and processed after the election.
Send all mail to:
City of Virginia Beach
Voter Registration & Elections
P. O. Box 6247
Virginia Beach VA 23456-0247
Where Can I Register to Vote?
Office of Voter Registration & Elections
Municipal Center, Building 14 (Next to Fire Station)
2449 Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach VA 23456
Open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday